Monday, August 25, 2008

WOW - What a week!

We are SO happy last week is OVER! As much as I really enjoyed my 10 Year High School reunion, I am exhausted! LOL - it was great catching up with some old friends - some I haven't seen in 10 years. It's so crazy how time flies! I just wish more people got to meet Avery. Unfortunately, we had to cut some time short with some friends on Sunday because, as most of you know, Tropical Storm Fay came into Central Florida Tuesday and didn't decide to leave us until Friday!! I am so happy to see sun. For where we live (about 30 miles west of Cocoa Beach & Cape Canaveral), Thursday was probably the worst because not only did we have the rain from the past two days, but the wind was HORRIBLE! With the shift in direction, our front living room window was the target. Somehow, the rain found it's way into the house and wet our carpet. Hopefully, we can dry it out and do some inexpensive fixes to the outside of the house. Apparently, this same window had problems during the 2004 hurricane's but got fixed by the previous homeowner. ?? We will see.

Baby updates - let's see. Nothing really new. I am almost 19 weeks along and am starting to feel alittle kicking. Ahh, how I missed that feeling! It's so cool how I get to experience the growth and movement, but others don't truly get to experience it. I feel so privileged! We tried to find out if we were having a boy or girl at my 16 week appt, but it was too early. So, we have to wait until my 20 week appt Sept 5th. Hopefully the baby will be cooperative! Brian is hoping for another girl and already has a name picked out, so we will keep you posted if we find out.

Avery is doing well. My last post I told you about her Strep and she recovered fine. However, she is STILL trying to push her second top tooth out from her gums! She hasn't been able to finish her winter clothes test for swimming in 2 1/2 weeks. The girl is going to kill me with these lessons. haha. We are going to try and start up again today and see what happens. Here is a video that I took from her Spring clothes test. The reason for these tests, in case you are wondering, is so if the child falls in the pool or body of water at anytime, the ISR Instructor feels confident that they won't drowned. Pretty amazing, huh?

Though she is teething, she has started to brush her teeth on her own. She loves to do it and every night before bed, she knows the routine. It's adorable. The picture below is when she first started at my in-laws.
Avery is also beginning to walk. Last night she took 4 steps in the family room before she got so excited that she lost her balance and fell.
Hehe, we tried "adult" bananas the other day. That was interesting! She had it all over herself, but loved every minute of it. Can you tell?
I can hardly believe she is already 10 3/4 months old. I am already being asked about her 1st birthday and what we are doing! We will see, I have another month to decide :)

2 comments:

karyn said...

Avery is soooo stinkin' cute! Man, I miss her! I can't wait to find out what Baby Hall #2 is going to be...

Liz's Blog said...

I had no idea you had your 10 year reunion!!!! WOW. Its been a long time that I have been your little sis! I want to hear all about it!
XOXXO