Sunday, January 11, 2009

38 Week Check-up

Well, we have had a bit of excitement in the last week. For those of you that don't know, we have FINALLY picked a name! Well, sorta. LOL. We aren't exactly sure of the spelling yet for her first name, and everyday I switch between two middle names. It will either be Kylee/Kyleigh/Kylie Marie or Kylee/Kyleigh/Kylie Addison. However, we are MUCH closer to a decision than every before. This is a good thing especially since I am showing early sign's of labor! Yep, that right - I am officially further along at 38 wks with Kylee than I was with Avery all the way until my water broke with her. The Dr told me I was 1-2cm and 50% effaced. Granted, I could stay this way forever, well atleast until my induction that is scheduled on Jan 20th, or I could go into active labor tonight. So - we will see what Miss Kylie wants to do. I have to say, she is still pretty active in the womb, so I don't think active labor is in my near future. The Dr also told me that I need to stop growing this child as my belly measurements are bigger than they were with Avery. He guesses she is already 7lbs. This is kind of amazing since I actually weight less overall than I did with Avery. Hopefully that means I am mostly baby and don't have to loose as much after delivery. One can only hope, right?
I have my 39 wk appt this Wed, so we will see what kind of progress I have made and we will try and keep everyone posted. Here are some recent pictures of my belly. The first is from Christmas (36 wks), the second is from Wed (38 wks), and the last is my 38 wk picture with Avery & I believe Karyn is about 18 wks with Stephen. Can you tell a difference in my belly size?




No comments: